Wednesday, November 12, 2008

FIA Conference- Chicago.

What an amazingly awesome event FIA was! I met tons of professionals in the financial industry, and was greatly inspired in one way or another by all of them. I was able to hear stories about how events like this used to be vs. how they are now. I'm excited to see how these events will continue to evolve in the future: incorporating more Asian/world exchanges, more technological advancements, more women.

Don't get me wrong, I love entering into a huge hall full of well dressed men! However, I also loved talking to the women I did have the pleasure of meeting. Seems to me it takes a special woman to break into the financial industry and stay there. Opinionated, energetic, cutting edge- great qualities I hope to sharpen.

Strange to me though, how so many individuals there looked so familiar. Or who's names sounded so familiar.

MINT: Trade shows rock.
PS- so does Chicago.

No comments: