Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Animals! An Album Defined

Recession, recession recession.
Someone recently asked me what I blog about. I told them I try to write about my observances regarding the economy and the markets. I made sure to point out that I am no expert, and most of my 'observances' are along the lines of simple things I can hopefully find useful in the future when I look back- simple things like what stocks do well in a recession.
In a previous post, I mentioned that pet related companies are seemingly doing well during these turbulent times. People find comfort in their pets, turning to them for unconditional love, acceptance, recreation, and often times even for humor. My family and I are no different.
My babies give me bragging rights, even if they are from another gene pool.
I have created a photo album on my TraderPlanet profile. You can see my photos by clicking: Animals!
Last week we added to our small, fast growing family with the adoption of a Doberman Pinscher pup named we named Reba (no, she's not named after the country singer). I have added photos of Reba to the Animals! album. She was a tub compared to her brothers and sisters, from a litter of 12! The vet said she was so cramped in there she had no room to develop a tail bone, so all she has is a tiny flap of skin (hehehe, she's a fat gimp). (A photo of her non-tail is coming soon.)
Hayzel the Weimaraner loves Reba very much and plays well with her. We couldn't be more pleased with Hayz's behavior over the past week! We happened to catch a similar photo of Reba to that of Hayzel winking... it will be posted soon as it's too cute not to!
Robbie, the black fluff, sniffed Reba once but then climbed his cat tree to stay away. Reba took the sniff well, and with time Rob will be as accepting of Reba as he is of Hayzel. I'm sure of it. While in his photos he looks like a wild cat with sometimes purple wiskers, he is really a big softie. Update on Robbie's excrement patterns- he is no longer pooping in the toilet as I trained him to. He decided he likes the litterbox better, brat. Although it was nice while it lasted.
And finally, a bit of sad news, Monroe, the white and gray kitty has passed and is no longer with us. He caught pnemonia and developed too much fluid in his lungs before we caught it. RIP Rowie. Please be sure to keep your animals warm and safe until these -0 degree temeperatures pass, because as Row can show us, they can get sick too.

Stay tuned for yet another Album Defined... next up- the Big Island of Hawai'i album.
MINT: TraderPlanet is an awesome website because it lets you post photos which aid in trader-image development.

No comments: